Statement of Faith
Reformed Baptist ~ Creedal ~ Confessional ~ Trinitarian ~ Five Solas ~ Five Points ~ Lordship Free Grace ~ Covenental ~ KJB Superiority ~ Creation ~ Semper Reformanda
Reformed Baptist ~ The Baptist Confession of 1689
- My doctrinal views are closest to that of Reformed Baptist; see The Baptist Confession of 1689.
Affirmation of the following Creeds:
Affirmation of any or all of the following confessions (with a few exceptions, e.g. infant baptism):
- The Westminster Confession of Faith
- The Three Forms of Unity (Belgic Confession, Heidelburg Catechism, Canons of Dordt)
- Savoy Confession of Faith
Trinitarian: God the Father ~ God the Son ~ God the Holy Spirit
- The Godhead subsists as three distinct persons eternally existing as one God; Trinity in Unity.
Five Solas of the Reformation: Sola Scriptura ~ Sola Gratia ~ Sola Fide ~ Solus Christus ~ Soli Deo Gloria
- We are saved according to the Scriptures alone by Grace alone through Faith alone in Christ alone unto the Glory of God alone.
- Sola Scriptura: That the Scriptures are sufficient to instruct us in the doctrine of salvation, in life, and in godliness.
- Sola Gratia: That the grace of God alone is the efficient cause of salvation.
- Sola Fide: That this salvation is received through faith alone.
- Solus Christus: That this grace of God is found in Christ alone.
- Soli Deo Gloria: That this salvation is unto the glory of God alone.
Five Points of Reformed Soteriology: Total Depravity ~ Unconditional Election ~ Limited Atonement ~ Irresistable Grace ~ Perseverance of the Saints
- Total Depravity: Man has been so affected by the fall that he is unwilling to come to Christ that he may be saved; man's unwillingness is a moral corruption; he is dead in trespasses and sins; he is blind, deaf, and hardened of heart.
- Unconditional Election: God has sovereignly chosen to set His redeeming love upon those whom He wills; He does this unto the glory of His grace; His reasons for choosing whom He wills are His own.
- Limited Atonement: Christ died to redeem His people from their sins; He layed His life down for His sheep; He did so to purchase a people for Himself; He shewed His love to His bride the Church; His death atones for all the sins of His people.
- Irresistable Grace: The Holy Spirit effectually draws the elect unto faith in Christ; He regenerates them; He renews their relationship with God in applying the atoning work of Christ upon them.
- Perseverance of the Saints: The Trinity Himself working for the salvation of His people, He graciously preserves them, quickens them, sanctifies them, keeps them near unto Him, so that they neither totally nor finally fall away from Him but persevere in faith.
Lordship Free Grace: Notitia ~ Assensus ~ Fiducia ~ Salvation ~ Regeneration ~ Repentance
- Lordship Free Grace: That Christ Jesus is the Lord who freely saves His people by His grace.
- Notitia: That knowledge of the gospel is essential for salvation.
- Assensus: That an assent to this knowledge is essential for salvation.
- Fiducia: That trust in the object of this knowledge is essential for salvation; faith is trust in Jesus Christ for salvation.
- Salvation: That the fulness of salvation involves positional Justification, progressive Sanctification, and final Glorification.
- Regeneration: That regeneration is the monergistic act of God in redeeming a person; that the experience of the fulness of regeneration involves the fulness of salvation, that is, to experience the fulness of reconciliation to God; that the initial regeneration is being born of God and having eternal life; that faith is inclusive to regeneration.
- Repentance: That repentance is involved in the initial conversion of the sinner to faith in Christ and in the ongoing process of sanctification throughout the Christian's life, finding it's completion and perfection in glorification.
Covenantal: The Covenant of Redemption ~ The Covenant of Works ~ The Covenant of Grace
- The Covenant of Redemption: That there was an inter-Trinitarian covenant regarding the Father promising the Son a people if the Son would atone for their sins, the Son agreeing to be this atonement, and the Holy Spirit empowering and applying this atonement in bringing the people to Christ; that this Covenant is the Divine side of the Covenant of Grace.
- The Covenant of Works: That God made a covenant with Adam as the head of humanity; that this covenant would bring life unto him through obedience, or death through disobedience; that it was broken by Adam and that all his posterity fell in him.
- The Covenant of Grace: That God made a new covenant with Christ as the second Adam, who is the head of the children of God; that this covenant was to both fulfill the obedience which Adam had broken, and pay the debt which Adam owed in breaking the first covenant, and so Christ is a surety for His people as the head of the new covenant.
KJB Superiority: Divine Inspiration ~ Providential Preservation ~ Hebrew Old Testament & Greek New Testament ~ King James Bible ~ Other Translations ~ Other Languages
- Divine Inspiration: That the original autographs were divinely inspired of God.
- Providential Preservation: That God has promised to preserve His word; that His word would abide forever.
- Hebrew Old Testament & Greek New Testament: The Masoretic Hebrew Old Testament and Greek Textus Receptus are the best representatives of God's preserved word in the original languages.
- King James Bible: The Authorized King James Bible is the best representative of the word of God in the English language.
- Other Translations: That other translations may be used for clarifying the sense of the text.
- Other Languages: That believers of any given language ought to humbly, prayerfully, and earnestly desire and seek out the pure word of God and find the best representatives in their languages. That this should be a matter of conscience and conviction.
Creation: Literal Six Day Creation ~ Six Thousand Years ~ Worldwide Flood ~ Division of Languages
- Literal Six Day Creation ~ That the creation account as recorded in the book of Genesis is a literal six day creation.
- Six Thousand Years ~ That the dates given in the Bible point to the age of the earth being approximately 6000 years.
- Worldwide Flood ~ That the flood of Noah's day was a real flood which covered the entire earth.
- Division of Languages ~ That the division of nations and languages primarily occurred as a result of the tower of Babel.
Semper Reformanda ~ Always Reforming
- Always Reforming: We ought always to be reforming as we grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; reformation of doctrine, reformation of life.
This page was last updated: 2/3/2017
Home > Statement of Faith